As one of the famous and influential “music legends” but up to now, many things about Celine Dion are still “unknown”.
Here are 25 fascinating facts about the Canadian music icon.
1. As a child, Celine Dion had to undergo dangerous surgery after having an accident. This terrible accident made the family of the singer at that time very worried.
2. Celine Dion and music producer – René Angélil knew each other when she was only 12 years old. After years of acquaintance, the two were married and stayed together until René Angélil died a few years ago.
3. Previously, the music producer-René Angélil once accepted to support Celine Dion on the condition that her parents had to give him full control of their daughter’s career. And when Celine Dion’s career was successful, her parents admitted it was the right decision. However, few people know, there was time when Rene had to mortgage his property to make an album for Celine Dion.
4. When Celine Dion and music producer René Angélil had a relationship, the singer did not make it public until 5 years later she revealed in her album “The Color of My Love” that she was afraid of everyone’s gossip about it.
5. Few people know, the late husband of Celine Dion has a son named Patrick. However, this person was born 3 months before Celine Dion was.
6. Celine Dion had crooked teeth before she became famous.
7. Celine Dion is the youngest child in a family of 14 children
8. The song “My Heart Will Go On” has brought Celine Dion’s name to a new level. And “Titanic” – one of the highest-grossing movies of all time, used this track as the soundtrack.
9. Celine Dion used to have difficulty getting pregnant. After undergoing fertility treatments, she gave birth to a son, René-Charles Dion Angélil, on 25 January 2001, in Florida. In May 2010, Angélil announced that Dion was 14 weeks pregnant with twins after a sixth treatment of in-vitro fertilization. On Saturday, 23 October 2010, at 11:11 and 11:12 am respectively, Dion gave birth to fraternal twins by Caesarean section at St. Mary’s Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Florida, The twins were named Eddy, after Dion’s favorite French songwriter, Eddy Marnay, who had also produced her first five albums, and Nelson, after former South African President Nelson Mandela. She appeared with her newborn sons on the cover of 9 December 2010 issue of the Canadian edition of Hello! magazine.
10. Celine Dion is suffering from painful and inflamed vocal chords affecting her shows at the Las Vegas big stage.
11. Everyone knows Celine Dion is a “genius” in music, but surely few people know she can sing in 5 different languages including: English, French, Spanish, Japanese and German.
12. Until now Celine Dion owns an estimated net worth of up to 630 million USD.
13. Celine Dion not only owns many super luxury mansions around the world, but also invests a lot in clothes and shoes. The singer once revealed in Ellen DeGeneres’ television show that she owned thousands of pairs of shoes in her Florida house.
14. René Angélil fought cancer three times and Celine Dion delayed her career to spend time looking after her husband.
15. Her brother Celine Dion died 2 days after her husband passed away.